WHAT HAPPENS TO MY DONATIONS?
Following the collection of the bags that contain your donations, they are brought to the regional depot and weighed. This enables us to determine how much money will be paid to the relevant partner charity.
The bags of donations are exported by articulated trucks throughout eastern Europe to secondhand shops where people enjoy wearing items from the UK.
WHEN DO YOU COLLECT?
Note: Please don’t put your donations out the night before because it may get damaged or stolen.
If you have 10 or more bags to donate then please call us on Freephone to arrange a bespoke collection
MISSED BAG, WHAT CAN I DO?
We’re sorry for missing your bag.
Please call us on Freephone and we will try to have your bag collected on the next working day if a collector is nearby
CAN I USE MY OWN BAGS?
As long as we can see them from the roadside that there is one of our charity bags alongside or on top of those bags.
I’VE NEVER RECEIVED A CHARITY BAG, CAN I STILL DONATE?
This may mean that this service is not available in your area. Please consider donating to another charity or local charity shop.
I HAVE NOTHING TO DONATE, WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THE BAG?
I SUSPECT UNAUTHORISED COLLECTION, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
WHAT CAN I DONATE?
- Good, clean quality clothing and accessories e.g.:
- women’s, men’s, babies and children’s clothing;
- Outerwear, paired shoes (tied together);
- Accessories e.g. hats, belts and bags;
- Good quality Bric-A-Brac (fragile items must be wrapped), perfumes and costume jewellery.
WHAT CAN'T I DONATE?
- School or work uniforms with emblems or logos.
- Textile rag resale, bulky or electrical items, damaged, ripped or broken items.
- Rugs, mats, furniture and toys.
- If you need clarification on whether Unicare can collect, call us on Freephone